I like to add an eighth approach: FAKE EXTRUDERS. It’s very reliable and it’s free. We use it a lot in our print farm with 26 FFF printers. Some slicers allow you to configure single extruder printers as a multi extruder printer. I know for sure it’s possible with Cura and Slic3r. If configured right the GCODE they create than contain instructions for the printer to stop and alarm the operator with a beep sound at the moments ‘another’ extruder is used and a filament change is required. We limit the number of filament changes per run to keep things manageable, but in theory the number is limitless.
- 3D Printing News Briefs, October 24, 2020: nTopology & Etteplan, DSM, CAR3D Project, MELD Manufacturing
- NAMIC Global AM Summit 2020: Sustainability, Food 3D Printing, and More
- Ansys and EOS Partner for Metal 3D Printing Simulation
- Sigma Labs & Northwestern Partner for In-Process Quality Assurance of DED Metal 3D Printing
- UK Firm Showcases Chameleon 3D Printed Car
3d design 3dprint.com 3D Printers 3D Printing 3d printing business news 3D Printing Events 3D Printing Materials 3d printing research 3D Software 3d systems additive manufacturing aerospace Aerospace 3D Printing Bioprinting Business china collaboration Construction 3D printing coronavirus covid-19 covid19 Education eos Event Exclusive Interviews exone Featured Stories GE Additive hp https://3dprintingindustry.com/ interview materialise materials Medical 3D Printing Metal 3D Printing nasa partnership research research paper Sponsored stratasys study velo3d virtual event www.fabbaloo.com